Being a traveling musician can be a thrilling experience, but it can also be a challenge to make sure you have the essentials you need while on the road.
Whether you are going for a weekend gig or a live performance in Μπουζούκια, this guide will provide all the tips and tricks you need to make sure you have everything you need for a successful trip.
Music-making Equipment and Accessories
First things first, we need to ensure that you have the gears and equipment. Without these, it’ll be difficult to give audience an unforgettable performance.
- Audio cables – audio cables are useful for many situations, from connecting your phone to your friend’s speaker to connecting your laptop to the sound system at a gig.
- Headphones – whether you are listening to music, recording or podcasting, or even just trying to get some sleep, headphones can be a handy item to have with you.
- Midi controller – a midi controller is a useful piece of music equipment that can be used for live performances or recording sessions.
- Microphone – a microphone is a necessary item for any musician. Whether you are performing music, podcasting, recording vocals or conducting an interview, a microphone can be incredibly useful.
Comfort and Convenience Items
When you are on the road, the following can make or break your entire trip.
- Blankets – a blanket can be a useful item to have with you during long musical trips. It can be used as a pillow, to add warmth to your seat or for extra comfort when sleeping.
- Earplugs – they can help you sleep when the noise around you is too loud and can be useful when you want to avoid hearing someone else’s noise.
- Footstool – if a seat is too hard or uncomfortable, a footstool can help you sit more comfortably for longer periods of time.
- Foam cushion – a foam cushion can make sitting for long periods more comfortable.
Electronic Device Essentials
Of course, you want to ensure that your devices are powered. With that, the two below will be invaluable tools in your arsenal.
- Power adapter – A power adapter is an important item to have with you when you travel. It makes sure that your electrical devices can be used anywhere in the world.
- Portable charger – It can be used to recharge your phone or other devices when outlet plugs are not available.